i was this months relief society spotlight, here is what they wrote about me. i'm kind of a weirdo!
SISTER SPOTLIGHT:
Andrea Knapton
Andrea was born in Everett, Washington, and raised close by in Bothell, where she stayed until she got married at the age of 20. Andrea first met her husband, Beau, when he was serving his mission in Washington. He served in her parents’ ward at the beginning and end of his mission. Toward the end, he was teaching her sister’s boyfriend, and she would sit in on the discussions with them to be supportive. Right before he left, he promised her sister’s boyfriend that he would come back for his baptism…and her mom also started planting thoughts in his head like “you should really come back and date my daughter.” So, 10 days later he called her, and 4 days after that, he drove back to Washington for the baptism and for their first date(s). Six weeks later they were engaged, and six months after that, they were married. This August, they will celebrate their 8th anniversary!
Andrea and Beau have two beautiful daughters: Kaylee-5 and Presley-2. (It must also be mentioned here that Kaylee and Presley are also the adored granddaughters of Brent and Kathy Sampson.)
Her favorite things to do in her spare time are take naps, blog, take baths, and read People Magazine. When asked about her hobbies and talents, Andrea said, “I am obsessive about organization. I get excited to buy bins and organizing a closet makes me giddy. It’s not a surprise to see me detailing my car once a week or cleaning baseboards on my hands and knees. My dream job would be to be a personal organizer and help people get their homes in order.” Well, now we all know who we can hire to help us get our homes in order!!
Andrea wasn’t sure if she would like living in a small town when she first moved here, because she is (or was) a city girl. She reports, “I didn’t’ know what I would do without a Target nearby. But, after living here for a year and a half, I have fallen in love with this valley. I have my husband 80% convinced that we can stay here after he graduates…if I can find him a job. I can only be away from here for short amounts of time before I just have to get back. I’ve told my family to bury me in the Midway Cemetery…I’m never leaving.”
She continues, “But, you won’t find me out driving in the snow yet, still learning and very nervous. When it would snow in Washington when I was growing up, schools, and basically the whole city, would shut down after about two inches of snow. I wait to drive until I hear the snowplows out working before I’ll go anywhere, even though I have 4-wheel drive.” Andrea also shared that she is ”DEATHLY” afraid of deer, and wouldn’t you know, they are ALWAYS jumping out in front of her. She says she will not drive anywhere, especially the canyons, at night!
Andrea was just called to be the Assistant Bear Leader in Cub Scouts. She says, “I know nothing about scouts, I have all sisters and two daughters, so it’s going to be an adventure! Maybe this means I’ll have a son someday!”
Andrea will be a great cub scout leader! But, if you have any cub scout leader advice, I’m sure she’d be happy to hear any tips!
1 comment:
Oh I love that Andrea Knapton! She is so cool. Ilove that none of that was a suprise to me just a reminder of why I miss you so much! As for the scouts thing I tihnk your just payin git forwrd or at least doing your part to raise up good boys for your gorgeous gals...because let's face it that's all you're ever going to have.
Post a Comment