3.07.2012

{oh, february and march for that matter}

could you hear me sighing when you read that title? February and march are just such {blah} months.
I'm sure this all started growing up in Washington and by February you hadn't seen sunlight in almost 5 month and you knew you wouldn't for another 3. things really changed when we went back to the mother ship where there are these things called "seasons" which is so weird because i had no idea they actually existed in my younger years. {and now i have aged myself by the tone of my voice}

sooooo anyway. holidays are fab and then the new year starts and then January comes to a close as does you holiday season high and suddenly its February.  I'm not one that loves valentine's day. really just a way to spent too much money on overpriced items that will cost half then next day.....but whatever. so this year seems to be the same. month 2 and 3 of 2012 have well kinda sucked it up a bit. frankly I'm disappointed that my life is this boringly consistent. 

my poor wonderful father lost his job AGAIN. for the 2 time in less than a year and i think for the 4th time in less than ten years. now i know that may not seem like a lot to some people, but considering my dad worked for one company for 17 years....changing jobs that quickly is rather distressing for him and my mom. I am extremely close to my parents. we talk {several} times a day and I can be found most weekends curled up on their couches snuggling my girls and having chats with my fab parents. i adore them really i do. this whole situation is breaking my heart. we get it, the economy sucks....but enough already mmmmmk. eating, putting gas in the car, paying our mortgage...these are not things that should stress us people out. ugh. great now I'm more depressed than when I started writing.

pic 1:  my cute little 4 eyes of a daughter had her follow of up eye appt. but this time with a pediatric specialist of some kind. {i do know it started with an O} verdict was Presley's "bad" eye wasn't quite as "bad" as what the other {non specialist a.k.a dummy doc} thought. so that was a good thing. but we did have to start patching up that good eye two hours a day and make that bad one step up to the plate after riding the bench for the last 4 years if ya know what i mean!


she was soooo unhappy that first day. almost in shock that we could possibly do this to her. it was very sad. hurt my heart it did.

but then grandma came to the rescue as she's been known to do and "bedazzled" a few of these bad boys for her. see child much happier!

oh and then there's Presley again. only this time it was her ticker. she's complained of heart pains, which were her words for a little while. finally her ped suggested taking her to a cardiologist ped specialist.... they did ALL the tests and more. so far they are a bit baffled, we like to do that to doctors in this family, but the major bad things have been ruled out...we think. still waiting to hear back though. thankfully grandpa came along for the appt. for support and make sure the day was sufficiently photographically documented (um is that a word) with his camera phone. notice quality of pictures. Presley kept asking him to hold her hand because she was scared. it was a sad time.


momma snugglin' her baby

wow, so not to be a downer or anything. but I'm sort of ready for spring. good things to come. me turning something that rhymes with "birdy" and reaching the one year mark since my diagnosis.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

annie,
thank you for making me feel like amazing mom and grandma. Love you too.

Amy said...

I'm sorry you guys are dealing with so much junk right now! I'm sorry to hear about your dad losing his job and I hope you finds one even better than his last, and very soon! I'll be thinking about you guys!

Cj-Sg said...

Poor Pressy girl! Your hair looks cute and you've inspired to be better about blogging! That's all bye for now ;)